Wednesday 16 February 2011

Beautiful New Covers of Classic Novels

I was browsing for Austen novels with nice covers to complete my collection of Austen novels (I don't own Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park and Emma) when I came upon new BEAUTIFUL covers made by HarperTeen. They have released a few classic novels and they come with wonderful covers.

Take a look! You might find something to your liking:

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen:



(LARGE IMAGE)

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen:



(LARGE IMAGE)


Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte:



(LARGE IMAGE)

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte:



(LARGE IMAGE)

Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare:



(LARGE IMAGE)

Did any cover catch your eye?

7 comments:

Teacher/Learner said...

What a gorgeous cover collection! I wonder if they're sold as a set. Wouldn't they look lovely side by side on a shelf?

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I see that at least some of them are different kinds of flowers (I really don't know flowers). I wonder if the meanings of the flowers reflect on the books themselves-that would be really interesting!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Ah, the Twilight-inspired covers!

I hadn't known that Sense and Sensibility and Jane Eyre were part of the collection, though. And I have to say that what I recall of S&S doesn't fit such a passionate design!

And for that matter, Pride and Prejudice is more of a playful pink than a bold red!

flanpnhfpnanfnFN said...

I wasn't too thrilled about these coming out at first because I heard that they had something to do with each book having been featured in twilight. Ech! But the covers look awesome so I'm not complaining. Especially not about Jane Eyre which is my favorite out of all of them :)))

I'm doing a series on my blog for debut authors and the first post went up today, come check it out? http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/2011-debut-author-incites-beth-revis.html

Blodeuedd said...

They would be pretty if they weren't riding the Twilight wave and therefore I do not like them :(

Mary Simonsen said...

I think they are lovely, and since I'm someone who has a red rose on her cover for The Perfect Bride for Mr. Darcy, I like them a lot. LOL

Unknown said...

I have to admit I find these covers a little bit distasteful. Yes it is great that publishers are trying to get more teens reading the classics but the images have no relationship to the story whatsoever. Surely there must be a better way of doing it.