Tuesday 28 September 2010

Finished Ireland Reading Challenge 2010



I finished my first reading challenge as a blogger and it is the Ireland Reading Challenge 2010! (It’s still running until November 30, 2010, so if you are interested, you can still enter the challenge.) I chose to do this challenge because I just love Irish things – Irish movies, music, culture, history, mythology, Ireland as a country – so it was time for me to (re)read some Irish books.

Any book written by an Irish author, set in Ireland, or involving Irish history or Irish characters, counts for the challenge. The giveaway prize at the end of the challenge is: Ireland: A Novel by Frank Delaney.

I finished and reviewed 6 books, which means I completed the Kiss the Blarney level. (Other commitment levels are Shamrock level for 2 books read, and Luck o’ the Irish for 4 books read.)

I read and reviewed:
1. The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern
2. Oscar’s Books by Thomas Wright
3. A Woman of No Importance by Oscar Wilde
4. Carmilla by Sheridan Le Fanu
5. Dracula by Bram Stoker
6. Dubliners by James Joyce

My favourite book I read for the challenge was The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern, and my least favourite one Dubliners by James Joyce, but I really did enjoy reading all of the books very much. I guess I had luck picking the books for this challenge.

Initially, I wanted to read John Banville’s The Sea and At Swim-Two-Birds by Flann O’Brien, but the two books have been borrowed from my local library for a while, so I’ll read them when they get back and the time is right.

I am very happy to have finished the challenge successfully and it was good fun reading Irish books.

3 comments:

B said...

Congrats on finishing! This sounds like a fun challenge. I had no idea Bram Stoker's Dracula involved Ireland. It's on my TBR.

Blodeuedd said...

Great work! :D

Jan von Harz said...

Congrats on finishing this challenge. Very impressed with the books you chose, and love reading many of the reviews your posted for this challenge.