Sunday 5 December 2010

Survey: The Best and Worst Reads of 2010 Etc.

Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner has created an end of 2010 survey to reflect on this year’s best and worst reads.

1. Best book of 2010? The Girl with Glass Feet by Ali Shaw.

2. Worst book of 2010? Violin by Anne Rice.

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010? The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. Many people had praised it and it just didn’t reach my expectations. It wasn't bad, by no means, just not what I'd expected of it.

4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I don’t like the Twilight Saga, but The Host surprised by very nicely.

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010? The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, which I finished just before the end of 2009.


6. Best series you discovered in 2010?
The Harper Connelly series by Charlarine Harris.

7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010? Jodi Picoult, Syrie James.

8. Most hilarious read of 2010? Brain Droppings by George Carlin.

9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010? Angelology by Danielle Trussoni.

10. Book you most anticipated in 2010? The Distant Hours by Kate Morton. (I have yet to read it, although I already bought it. Unbelievable…)

11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010? The Boy with the Cuckoo-Clock Heart by Mathias Malzieu.



12. Most memorable character in 2010? McMurphy from One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey.

13. Most beautifully written book in 2010? The Girl with Glass Feet by Ali Shaw.

14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010? Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. It’s the only book in 2010 that made me cry.

15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read? The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I love this author, so I don’t know why I waited so long with this book, it’s great.

8 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I am gonna create my own starnge best books at the end of the month :) But Ali Shaw is gonna be there

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Wow, great survey! I'll definitely be filling this one out soon too! :D

Unknown said...

Oh this is fun. I will have to give this a go next week. You are finding lots of fun one-off memes. I love it. I also love that you discovered the Harper Connelly series this year. I love that one. I'm sad that I finished it. Have you considered reading the Aurora Tea Garden Mysteries. I keep thinking about buying the book but I think it might be verging on horror and that isn't really me.

Julie P said...

What a great post! I may have to grab this one myself....

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read said...

@Blodeuedd: Ali Shaw is great, isn't he!

@Suzana: I'm a sucker for such surveys.:)

@Becky: I'm looking forward to reading your answers! I loved the first novel in the Harper Connelly series, so I'll definitely read the rest. I just know I'll like them. I think I will give Aurora Teagarden a try. I discovered two great omnibus editions on Amazon that contain all 8 novels. Well, I hope the stories are not TOO horror-oriented.

@Julie: If you, I'll gladly read your answers!

Trish said...

I've just added The Book Thief to my TBR list.

These surveys are a lot of fun, aren't they?

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Oh, Of Mice and Men! Sooo sad.

Here's my Best Of list: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/12/sunday-salon-best-of-2010-in-books.html

Unknown said...

Snap! I chose The Boy with the Cuckoo-Clock Heart as my favourite cover too! And The Girl with the Glass Feet is lovely :-) Nice list!